Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3969 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Old Boathouse / Newmarch Residence, Meadowvale Village
  View Full size image
Title: Old Boathouse / Newmarch Residence, Meadowvale Village
Identifier: PH2740
Date of Original Photo: 1990
Date Built: ca 1840
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Meadowvale (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 7070 Old Mill Lane, Plan TOR 5, pt Lots 41, 42

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 7070 Old Mill Lane. Plan TOR 5, pt. Lot 41, 42. Built sometime in the 1840s, this was the boathouse belonging to Francis Silverthorn and was the only one built in Meadowvale. It was sold to John Wilmot in 1865. It was used for a time as an office by the Credit Valley Conservation Authority. Located within the Meadowvale Village Conservation District, it is designated under the terms of Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851