Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3451 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Meadowvale Village Garage
  View Full size image
Title: Meadowvale Village Garage
Identifier: PH2773
Date of Original Photo: 1990
Date Built: ca 1945
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Meadowvale (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 1056 Old Derry Road, pt. Lot 10, Conc 3 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1056 Old Derry Road. Conc 3 WHS, pt. Lot 10. In 1945 Albert Golden bought this property from Albert Lambe and built a block and stucco garage. Included in the property was a small one storey block house. Lambe sold the property in 1954 to Sydney Buttle who operated the service station, contracting with McColl-Frontenac Ltd. for gasoline and oil. He and his family lived in the small house on the property. In 1965 Buttle signed a lease with Texaco Canada Ltd. and the station became known as Syd's Texaco. Buttle sold the garage and house to John and Soula Evans in 1973. Evans operated the Meadowvale Village Gas and Variety until his death in 1982. As of 2008 the property is still owned by the Evans family and operates under the name K.D. Auto Service. It is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act and is located within the Meadowvale Village Heritage Conservation District.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850