Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 163 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Anchorage, Clarkson
Identifier: SK0109
Date of Original Photo: March 1999
Date Built: ca 1830
Image Type: Col Photo, 15x10 cm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Erindale (Mississauga)
Donor: Alan Skeoch
Location: 1620 Orr Road, Lot 28, Conc 3 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1620 Orr Road. Built about 1830 on land in the area of Lakeshore Road and Southdown Road, and bought in 1839 by Capt. John Skynner. It is a one and a half storey Regency style cottage with a five bay facade. After Skynnerís death in 1846 alterations were made to the building. It was occupied by the Skynner family till 1853 then passed through several owners till it was acquired by National Sewer Pipe who used the building as an office. It was donated to the City of Mississauga in 1978 and moved to its present location on the Bradley Museum site, where it underwent extensive renovation and serves as an exhibit gallery, tea room, curatorial workspace, meeting room and artifact collection storage. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851