Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5161 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: St. Peter's Anglican Church, Erindale
Identifier: SK0118
Date of Original Photo: 1999
Date Built: 1887
Image Type: Col Photo, 15x10 cm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Erindale
Donor: Alan Skeoch
Location: 1745 Dundas Street West., Lot 3, Conc Range 1 CIR

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: This is the second church on this site at 1745 Dundas Street West. The original church, built in 1826 and consecrated in 1828, was of white frame construction, 52 feet long and 52 feet wide. The parcel of land on which the church was built was purchased for ten shillings by Peter Adamson, Joseph Adamson, Alexander Proudfoot, William Thompson, Frederick Starr Jarvis and Henry Carpenter. The Rev. James Magrath, who had come from Ireland with his wife and family, was appointed the first Rector. In 1887 the first church was razed to make way for construction of the second church, of Credit Valley stone. In 1910 a tower and spire were added. Listed on the Heritage Inventory.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850