Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5147 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: St. Patrick’s Church, Dixie
Identifier: L873
Date Built: 1872
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Mississauga

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Originally located at the southwest corner of Dundas Street and Dixie Road. The area around Dundas and Dixie was known as Irish Town as there were a number of Irish living there. St. Patrick’s Church officially began in 1856 with the baptism of Thomas Hickey, but it was not until October 17, 1872 that St. Patrick’s was officially opened by Archbishop Lynch of Toronto. The church served the community for many years until the building of a new St. Patrick’s on Flagship Drive after 1970.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851