Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5926 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Women's Voluntary Service, Salvage Committee of Port Credit and Toronto Township, 1944
Identifier: M420
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Women’s Voluntary Service for Civil Defence

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The Women's Voluntary Services for Air Raid Precaution, was formed in 1938 in Britain. The name was changed in February 1939 to the Women's Voluntary Services for Civil Defence. Initially their main duties were evacuation and medical supplies, such as bandages from old sheets, etc. After their name change their duties broadened to include salvage and old bone collection, running rest and mobile canteen services, etc. Description as of January 2011.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850