Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5606 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Toronto Township Hydro Electric Commission, 1968, Cooksville
Identifier: M445
Date of Original Photo: 1968
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Hydroelectric power plants - Ontario - Mississauga
Location: Hurontario Street

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The Toronto Township Hydro-electric Commission offices were originally located in Port Credit. When the Port Credit Commission was formed Toronto Township moved to the Town Hall, then relocated to a building on Dundas Street west of Hurontario. In 1950 the Commission moved to a building at 2325 Hurontario Street, north of Dundas Street, which had been vacated by Ontario Hydro. After the amalgamation of Toronto Township, Streetsville and Port Credit into the City of Mississauga Hydro Mississauga employees worked out of two buildings, the Head Office at 2325 Hurontario Street and the works office at 3240 Mavis Road. In 1980 the Works Department building at Mavis Road was expanded and Mississauga Hydro moved its facility into the Mavis Road building.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850