Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5869 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
William Clarkson House, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: William Clarkson House, Clarkson
Identifier: PH2114
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: 1865
Image Type: B&W Photo, 8.5x12 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings -- Ontario -- Clarkson (Mississauga)
Donor: Heritage Planning, Community Services
Location: 1134 Clarkson Road North, Plan G13, pt. Lot 67

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1134 Clarkson Road North. Plan G-13, pt. Lot 67. Formerly listed as 1140 Clarkson Road North. This is a one-and-one-half-storey structure constructed on a stone foundation and sided with asbestos. There is a gable roof with asphalt shingles and an asymmetrical three-bay facade on the east. The windows are double-hung sash one-over-one, with some modern plate glass. There is an exterior north brick chimney and a rear one storey addition to the west. There is a south bay window and an open front porch. William Clarkson, Warren Clarkson┐s son, built this house next door to his father's store on Clarkson Road when he took over management of the store in the mid 1860s. This is one of the few remaining original buildings in Clarkson┐s Corners. Listed on the Heritage Register. Description as of October 2015.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850