Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1152 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Clarkson General Store
  View Full size image
Title: Clarkson General Store
Identifier: PH2119
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: 1835
Image Type: B&W Photo, 8.5x12 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings -- Ontario -- Clarkson (Mississauga)
Donor: Heritage Planning, Community Services
Location: 1130 Clarkson Road North, PLAN G13 pt. Lot 67

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1130 Clarkson Road North. Plan G13, pt. Lot 67. This is a two-and-one-half-storey commercial structure, with aluminum siding and a brick pattern pressed in on the north side. Architectural features include a gable roof with asphalt shingles, and an asymmetrical six-bay facade that faces east. The windows are modern plate glass on the first storey and double-hung sash one-over-one on the second storey. The east facade has aluminum and wood siding and an arched gable window, while the south facade has asbestos siding. This is one of the few remaining structures of the original Clarkson Corners. The Warren Clarkson Store was built in 1835 and the Post Office installed in 1875. Edith Clarkson took over in 1901 and added the second storey. The property is listed on the Heritage Register. Description as of October 2015.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851