Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 680 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Buck House, Erindale
  View Full size image
Title: Buck House, Erindale
Identifier: PH2895
Date of Original Photo: 1981
Image Type: Slide, 35 mm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario -Erindale (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 2605 Dundas Street West, pt. Lot 35, Conc 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 2605 Dundas Street West. Conc 1 NDS, pt. Lot 35. This house is thought to be one of the earliest homes in Erindale. It was a two storey house with a low pitched gable roof, and built of red brick in Flemish bond on the north and south sides. The east and west sides were of English bond. The one-and-a-half storey extension had a shallow gable roof. The eaves showed a pronounced return. The cornice was decorated with spools, dentils and rounded mouldings. The house rested on a stone foundation and there was a full basement with access from outside. On either side of the central front door there was a large double hung window with six over six panes. The seven panelled door had a glazed transom and sidelights. The side verandah was probably added later than 1860. The vergeboard was original. The house which was previously listed on the Heritage Register was demolished in 1982. This photo shows the house boarded up and no longer occupied.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850