Browse & Search All Images
Displaying image 1601 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Doherty House, Malton
  View Full size image
Title: Doherty House, Malton
Identifier: PH2922
Date of Original Photo: ca 1960
Date Built: ca 1845
Image Type: Slide, 35 mm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Malton (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 5650 Tomken Road, pt. Lot 4, Conc 2 EHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 5650 Tomken Road. Conc 2 EHS, pt. Lot 4. The Doherty House, also known as Clontarf Farm, was located at 5650 Tomken Road (formerly Second Line East). It was built about 1845 by Charles Doherty, and was a one-and-a-half storey stone house with a low-pitched gable roof, and externally stuccoed. Also on the property was a stone barn. Originally listed on the Heritage Register, the house was burned and demolished in 1982, and the barn was demolished in 1986. This photo shows the rear extension.
Agency: Mississauga Library System