Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2179 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Gooderham Mansion, Meadowvale Village, ca 1900
  View Full size image
Title: Gooderham Mansion, Meadowvale Village, ca 1900
Identifier: N556
Date of Original Photo: 1900
Date Built: 1870
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Mississauga
Location: 929 Old Derry Road, pt. Lot 11, Conc 2 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 929 Old Derry Road. Conc 2 WHS, pt. Lot 11. Built in 1870 for C. H. Gooderham who lived there for some years. It was later used as a resort for wealthy Torontonians and called Rose Villa. It later became a seminary and was also a residence for George Chavignaud, the artist, Walter Curry, an M.P. at the time, and Major General Lessard, a veteran of the Boer War. The building is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act. The slide was donated by Roger Riendeau, November 1985, a copy of a photo courtesy Louise Southern and the Meadowvale Womenís Institute and appears in Riendeauís book, Mississauga, an illustrated history, 1985
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850