Browse & Search All Images
Displaying image 5044 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
  View Full size image
Title: St. John the Baptist Anglican Church, Dixie
Identifier: N563
Date of Original Photo: 1907
Date Built: 1870
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Mississauga
Location: 719 Dundas Street East, pt. Lot 10, Conc 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 719 Dundas Street East. Conc 1 NDS, pt. Lot 10. The Anglicans worshipped at the Dixie Union Chapel until 1870 when they built a brick church on the site now occupied by the present building. This church was struck by lightning June 24th, 1924 and destroyed in the subsequent fire. New construction commenced in the spring of 1925 and the present church was opened in early 1926 (contractor, Andrew Roberton). In 1955 a parish hall was added. Heritage listed. Copied by Mississauga Library System from a Canadian Souvenir postcard, ca 1907, showing the church before the fire.
Agency: Mississauga Library System