Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1608 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Doherty House, Malton
  View Full size image
Title: Doherty House, Malton
Identifier: PH2935
Date of Original Photo: 1985
Date Built: ca 1845
Image Type: Slide, 35 mm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Malton (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 5650 Tomken Road, pt. Lot 4, Conc 2 EHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 5650 Tomken Road. Conc 2 EHS, pt. Lot 4. The Doherty House, also known as Clontarf Farm, was located at 5650 Tomken Road (formerly Second Line East). It was built about 1845 by Charles Doherty, and was a one-and-a-half storey stone house with a low-pitched gable roof, and externally stuccoed. Also on the property was a stone barn. Originally listed on the Heritage Register, the house was burned and demolished in 1982, and the barn was demolished in 1986. This photo shows the road leading up to the property.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851