Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5442 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Texaco Refinery, Breakwater, Port Credit
  View Full size image
Title: Texaco Refinery, Breakwater, Port Credit
Identifier: PH2988
Date of Original Photo: 1985
Date Built: 1932
Image Type: Slide, 35 mm
Subject: Petroleum refineries - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 250 Lakeshore Road West, pt. Lots 9 & 10, Range 1 CIR

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 250 Lakeshore Road West. The refinery was erected in 1932 on the site of the old Port Credit Brick Yard by L. B. Lloyd of Lloyd’s Tankers and went by the name of Lloyd Refineries. In 1937 the refinery was purchased by Good Rich Oil in East Toronto. In 1946 Good Rich sold the refinery to Trinidad Leaseholds, a subsidiary of Central Mining Company with headquarters in the United Kingdom. The refinery then became known as Trinidad Leaseholds Canada Ltd, and was later renamed Regent Refining Company, a subsidiary of Trinidad Leaseholds. In 1955 McColl-Frontenac, a Canadian subsidiary of Texaco, moved into the refinery and in 1959 the name was changed to Texaco Canada Ltd. In 1985 the decommissioning of the Texaco Refinery was begun with the removal of the tank storage area. This slide is of the breakwater sea wall.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850