Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3988 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Orange Hall, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Orange Hall, Streetsville
Identifier: PH3097
Date of Original Photo: 1985
Date Built: 1855
Image Type: Slide, 35 mm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 47 Queen Street South, pt. Lot 4 W 1/2, Conc 5 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 47 Queen Street South. Conc 5 WHS, pt. Lot 4 W 1/2. This structure held the first meeting of the first Orange Lodge, No. 290, which was first organized on June 12, 1845. The lodge is now No. 263, first organized by William Graydon, the builder and first Master, according to William Perkins Bull. William Graydon and his son John built the structure in 1855 on land donated by Henry Rutledge. It is a two storey building with a medium pitched gable roof and simple rectangular shape in plan. The foundation is of stone, supporting red brick walls, and there is yellow brick quoining and decorative brickwork around windows, the door, and at the top of the second storey. In the front gable a stone medallion is enclosed by yellow brick. The building is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850