Browse & Search All Images
Displaying image 3807 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Montreal House, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Montreal House, Streetsville
Identifier: PH3102
Date of Original Photo: 1975
Date Built: ca 1821
Image Type: Slide, 35 mm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 210 Queen Street South, pt. Lot 3 W 1/2, Conc 4 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 210 Queen Street South. Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 3 W1/2. Built by John Barnhart about 1821 as a store and trading post, it was the first store in Streetsville. Upstairs, the Streetsville Review was published in 1845 by Solomon Barnhart, son of John Barnhart, and brother of Dr. John Barnhart, the well-known Streetsville physician, Coroner, Justice of the Peace, Reeve of Streetsville and Warden of the County of Peel. The Montreal House is a two storey structure with a medium pitch gable roof. As one of the oldest buildings in Streetsville it is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System