Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4840 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Sheridan House, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Sheridan House, Streetsville
Identifier: PH3142
Date of Original Photo: 1975
Date Built: ca 1856
Image Type: Slide, 35 mm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 288 Queen Street South, Plan STR 4, Lot 3, BLK 3

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 288 Queen Street South. Plan STR, 4, Lot 3, BLK 3. Built about 1856 and originally owned by Richard Sheridan. This house, and the one across from it at 287 Queen Street South, were both owned by the Sheridan family. The Sheridans were blacksmiths by trade. Dr. James Glendinning, a descendant of Streetsville's first settler, practised medicine in the house from 1894 to 1904. This is a one-and-a-half storey white painted brick structure with a stone foundation, featuring a gable roof with asphalt shingles and a central east dormer. The front entrance has been enclosed with brick. The building is listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850