Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5679 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Tyrone House, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Tyrone House, Streetsville
Identifier: PH3144
Date of Original Photo: 1975
Date Built: ca 1837
Image Type: Slide, 35 mm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 13 Main Street, Plan STR 4, pt. Lot 2

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 13 Main Street. Plan STR, 4, pt. Lot 2. The building was built about 1837 and became a hotel, The Tyrone House, between 1840 and 1860, and then a dwelling. According to Mary Manning’s Historic Buildings Inventory, the original owner was George Crozier. In 1851 the proprietor was W. Laidlaw. At the time of this photograph (1975) the building was Tyrone Antiques. Later in the 1980s it became Laura Lyn Shoppe. It continued to be used for commercial purposes and is listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850