Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 872 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Carr Farm, Former Toronto Suburban Railway Route
Identifier: N887
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Farms - Ontario - Misissauga
Donor: Bill and Mary Carr
Location: Lot 16, Conc 2 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: This photo taken February 1989 shows the route that the Toronto Suburban Railway took through the Carr Farm at Conc 2 NDS, Lot 16, at the northwest corner of Hurontario Street and Burnhamthorpe Road West. This would have been Centre Road Stop No. 37. In the 1877 Historical Atlas of Peel County this property was owned by Charles Wilcox. In 1926 it was acquired by Robert Norman Carr and his wife, the former Mary Alice Hawkins. The Carr family was involved in mixed farming, primarily dairy. The Toronto Suburban Railway went through the farm. In 1960 the farm was sold to S. B. McLaughlin and the buildings on it demolished. It is now the site of Square One Shopping Centre.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851