Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 877 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Carr Farm, Original Home of Robert Norman Carr
Identifier: N895
Date of Original Photo: ca 1926
Date Built: ca 1840s
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Farms - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Bill and Mary Carr
Location: Lot 16, Conc 2 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The original house of Robert Norman Carr, northwest corner of Hurontario Street and Burnhamthorpe Road West, Conc 2 NDS Lot 16. The house was probably built in the 1840s and was approximately 150 years old in 1926. The Carr farm was located on the northwest corner of Hurontario Street and Burnhamthorpe Road West, Conc 2 NDS Lot 16. In the 1877 Historical Atlas of Peel County this property was owned by Charles Wilcox. In 1926 it was acquired by Robert Norman Carr and his wife, the former Mary Alice Hawkins. The Carr family was involved in mixed farming, primarily dairy. The Toronto Suburban Railway went through the farm. In 1960 the farm was sold to S. B. McLaughlin and the buildings on it demolished. It is now the site of Square One Shopping Centre.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851