Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 866 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Carr Farm, Brooder House and Chicken Shelter
Identifier: N907
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Farms - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Bill and Mary Carr
Location: Lot 16, Conc 2 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: This view taken between house and barn on the R. N. Carr farm shows the brooder house on the right and the chicken shelter with the farm cat in the foreground. To the left is the wood pile collected from farm trees to be cut and burned in the winter. The Carr farm was located on the northwest corner of Hurontario Street and Burnhamthorpe Road West, Conc 2 NDS Lot 16. In the 1877 Historical Atlas of Peel County this property was owned by Charles Wilcox. In 1926 it was acquired by Robert Norman Carr and his wife, the former Mary Alice Hawkins. The Carr family was involved in mixed farming, primarily dairy. The Toronto Suburban Railway went through the farm. In 1960 the farm was sold to S. B. McLaughlin and the buildings on it demolished. It is now the site of Square One Shopping Centre.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850