Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 884 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Carr Farm, Sale of Farm Equipment, 1963
Identifier: N912
Date of Original Photo: 1963
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Farms - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Bill and Mary Carr
Location: Lot 16, Conc 2 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The sale of the farm equipment in 1963. Mrs. R. N. Carr is at extreme right. The auctioneer, Mr. Gibson, in black fedora stands in front of the window. The Carr farm was located on the northwest corner of Hurontario Street and Burnhamthorpe Road West, Conc 2 NDS Lot 16. In the 1877 Historical Atlas of Peel County this property was owned by Charles Wilcox. In 1926 it was acquired by Robert Norman Carr and his wife, the former Mary Alice Hawkins. The Carr family was involved in mixed farming, primarily dairy. The Toronto Suburban Railway went through the farm. In 1960 the farm was sold to S. B. McLaughlin and the buildings on it demolished. It is now the site of Square One Shopping Centre.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850