Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4988 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Square One Construction Site on Former Carr Farm, Mississauga
Identifier: N921
Date of Original Photo: 1973
Date Built: 1973
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Building sites - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Bill and Mary Carr
Location: Lot 16, Conc 2 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Construction of Square One shopping plaza, March 1973. Located on the northwest corner of Hurontario Street and Burnhamthorpe Road West, Conc 2 NDS Lot 16. In the 1877 Historical Atlas of Peel County this property was owned by Charles Wilcox. In 1926 it was acquired by Robert Norman Carr and his wife, the former Mary Alice Hawkins. The Carr family was involved in mixed farming, primarily dairy. The Toronto Suburban Railway went through the farm. In 1960 the farm was sold to S. B. McLaughlin and the buildings on it demolished. It is now the site of Square One Shopping Centre, the second largest enclosed mall in Canada, and the largest in Ontario, with over 360 stores.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851