Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 876 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Carr Farm, Now Square One Site, Mississauga
Identifier: N931
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Building sites - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Bill and Mary Carr
Location: Lot 16, Conc 2 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The last identifiable mark of the R. N. Carr Farm, a tree roughly at the junction of Cooksville Creek and Hurontario Street in the background, and located on the northwest corner of Hurontario Street and Burnhamthorpe Road West, Conc 2 NDS Lot 16. In the 1877 Historical Atlas of Peel County this property was owned by Charles Wilcox. In 1926 it was acquired by Robert Norman Carr and his wife, the former Mary Alice Hawkins. The Carr family was involved in mixed farming, primarily dairy. The Toronto Suburban Railway went through the farm. In 1960 the farm was sold to S. B. McLaughlin and the buildings on it demolished. It is now the site of Square One Shopping Centre, second largest enclosed mall in Canada, and largest in Ontario with over 360 stores.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850