Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2448 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Hodgetts Creek, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Hodgetts Creek, Clarkson
Identifier: O100
Date of Original Photo: 1933
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Hodgett’s Creek (Clarkson, Ont.) Clarkson
Donor: Vernon Family

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The following is from "Clarkson and its Many Corners" by Kathleen Hicks: "Percy Hodgetts and Alexander Westervelt purchased 20 acres of land at Lot 29, Conc 3 in 1910 from Andrew Orr….Hodgetts Creek, which flows west to east crossing under Clarkson Road, was so named because it ran through Percy's farm and emptied into Rattray Marsh." Hodgetts Creek is now known as Sheridan Creek. This photo, taken in 1933, is from the Vernon Collection.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851