Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5393 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Summerville Blacksmith Shop
Identifier: Q924
Date of Original Photo: 1974
Date Built: 1867
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Mississauga
Location: 2199 Dundas Street East

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Originally located at 2199 Dundas Street East, on the north side of Dundas Street East, mile west of Hwy 427. The first blacksmith shop on this site was built by John Silverthorne in 1816. The second structure was built in 1867 for Isaac Wilcox, of dark grey Etobicoke Creek and field stone. The shop was owned by Robert Parton from 1907 to 1958. The shop was dismantled in 1979, but the whereabouts of the remains of the structure are unknown. Originally listed on the Heritage Inventory.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851