Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4059 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Parton house, Summerville
Identifier: Q931
Date of Original Photo: 1974
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildlings - Ontario - Mississauga
Location: 2199 Dundas Street East

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Originally located at 2199 Dundas Street East. North side of Dundas Street East, mile west of Hwy 427. This was the house of Robert Parton, the Summerville blacksmith. The first blacksmith shop on this site was built by John Silverthorne in 1816. The second structure was built in 1867 for Isaac Wilcox, of dark grey Etobicoke Creek and field stone. The shop was owned by Robert Parton from 1907 to 1958. The shop was dismantled in 1979, but the whereabouts of the remains of the structure are unknown. This photo shows the house boarded up, prior to demolition.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851