Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1277 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Cooksville Brickyard, 1994
Identifier: Q986
Date of Original Photo: 1994
Date Built: 1912
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Brickyards - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Diane Mininch
Location: 3065 Mavis Road, Lot 20, Conc 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 3065 Mavis Road. Conc 1 NDS, Lot 20. The slide shows the location of a World War II prisoner of war camp at the brickyard. The Company went through several name changes. Built in 1912 as National Brick Co, it then became Cooksville Shale and Brick Co. in 1922. In 1924 it became the Cooksville Brick Company, and the Cooksville La Prairie Brick Co. in 1953, and then Domtar (Clay Division).
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850