Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4103 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Percy Hodgetts House, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Percy Hodgetts House, Clarkson
Identifier: K284
Date of Original Photo: 1980
Date Built: 1913
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Location: 838 Clarkson Road South, Lot 29, Conc 3 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 838 Clarkson Road South. Conc 3 SDS, Lot 29. The house was built by Percy Warburton Hodgetts in 1910 on 20 acres of land, Lot 29, Conc 3 SDS, purchased by Hodgetts, Elderkin and Alexander Westervelt. The house, a Bungalow style residence with Tudor half timbering, was designed by Port Credit native, Dixie Cox Cotton. Hodgetts, one of the first Torontonians to set up house in Clarkson, was a graduate of the Ontario Agricultural College in Guelph with a Bachelor's degree in Science and Agriculture. He became the Secretary to the Ontario Fruit Growers' Association in 1904 and the head of the Fruit Branch in 1908. Hodgetts Creek, which ran through his property, is now known as Sheridan Creek. The Hodgetts House is listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850