Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5470 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Texaco Refinery at Night, Port Credit
Identifier: R126
Date of Original Photo: 1972
Date Built: 1932
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Petroleum refineries - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Ralph Crysler
Location: 250 Lakeshore Road West

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: In 1971 the firm of Crysler & Lathem, consulting engineers, was retained by the Town of Port Credit to prepare a master plan for the proposed Lakefront Park on 14 acres of landfill south of Lake Street on Lake Ontario at the mouth of the Credit River. Lakefront Park later became J. C. Saddington Park on June 20, 1979, named after a former Mayor of Port Credit and Peel County Warden. Crysler & Lathem took a number of photographs of the Lake Ontario shoreline from Etobicoke Creek in the east to Joshua's Creek in the west. They included the Texaco refinery in Port Credit. The refinery was originally erected in 1932 on the site of the old Port Credit Brick Yard by L. B. Lloyd of Lloyd’s Tankers and went by the name of Lloyd Refineries. In 1937 the refinery was purchased by Good Rich Oil in East Toronto. In 1946 Good Rich sold the refinery to Trinidad Leaseholds, a subsidiary of Central Mining Company with headquarters in the United Kingdom. The refinery then became known as Trinidad Leaseholds Canada Ltd, and was later renamed Regent Refining Company, a subsidiary of Trinidad Leaseholds. In 1955 McColl-Frontenac, a Canadian subsidiary of Texaco, moved into the refinery and in 1959 the name was changed to Texaco Canada Ltd. In 1985 the decommissioning of the Texaco Refinery was begun with the removal of the tank storage area.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851