Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1873 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Evans Estate (Glenerin Hall), Garage, Erindale
  View Full size image
Title: Evans Estate (Glenerin Hall), Garage, Erindale
Identifier: PH3184
Date of Original Photo: 1984
Date Built: 1927
Image Type: Slide, 35 mm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Erindale (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 1695 The Collegeway, pt. Lot 3, Conc Range 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1695 The Collegeway. Range 1 NDS, pt. Lot 3. Built by W. W. Evans in 1927. From 1940 to 1944, the estate was used by students and teachers of St. Hildaís School, who were evacuated from Britain during the war. The property was purchased by the Robert Simpson Company in 1945 as a rest home for its employees. It was bought by St. Basilís Novitiate in 1961, for young men preparing for the priesthood. The property was purchased in 1970 by Erin Mills Development, and part of the house was used by the Solel Congregation Synagogue for services. The house underwent extensive renovations around 1980 when it was converted to a small hotel, the Glenerin Inn. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850