Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 549 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Britannia Farmhouse
  View Full size image
Title: Britannia Farmhouse
Identifier: PH3204
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: ca 1850
Image Type: Slide, 35 mm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Britannia (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 5520 Hurontario Street, pt. Lot 3, Conc 1 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 5520 Hurontario Street. Conc 1 WHS, pt. Lot 3. This is a one-and-a-half storey, nineteenth century farmhouse in its original location on the Britannia Farm and owned by the Peel Board of Education. The one-and-a-half storey red brick house has a three bay fašade, with a gable in the front fašade decorated with bargeboard on the gable and gable ends. The gable roof has wood shingling and two symmetrically-placed internally bracketed chimneys that penetrate through the roof. The second storey gable window has a rounded arch and is two over two paned. There is a two door entryway with a transom light. The building was fully restored ca 1990 and is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act. This 1989 photo shows the building before restoration
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850