Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 548 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Britannia Farmhouse
  View Full size image
Title: Britannia Farmhouse
Identifier: PH3205
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: ca 1850
Image Type: Slide, 35 mm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Britannia (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 5520 Hurontario Street, pt. Lot 3, Conc 1 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 5520 Hurontario Street. Conc 1 WHS, pt. Lot 3. This is a one-and-a-half storey, nineteenth century farmhouse in its original location on the Britannia Farm and owned by the Peel Board of Education. The one-and-a-half storey red brick house has a three bay fašade, with a gable in the front fašade decorated with bargeboard on the gable and gable ends. The gable roof has wood shingling and two symmetrically-placed internally bracketed chimneys that penetrate through the roof. The second storey gable window has a rounded arch and is two over two paned. There is a two door entryway with a transom light. The building was fully restored ca 1990 and is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act. This 1989 photo shows the front gable with bargeboard detail and was taken before the building was restored.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850