Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4936 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Small Arms Building
  View Full size image
Title: Small Arms Building
Date of Original Photo: 2006
Date Built: 1940
Location: 1352 Lakeshore Road East

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: This is the last surviving building of an almost 40-acre munitions plant, Small Arms Limited, a Crown Corporation that operated under C.D. Howe’s Department of Munitions and Supply. Thousands of employees, who came to Lakeview from across the country, manufactured guns and other small arms on this property. The surviving 18,000 square foot structure, designed by Allward and Gouinlock Architects, housed multipurpose rooms/offices and a machining room in the rear. 65% of the workforce was female.
Copyright: City of Mississauga
Agency: Heritage, Community Services
pcomapp01:8851