Browse & Search All Images
Displaying image 247 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Asquith Barn, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Asquith Barn, Streetsville
Identifier: PH3220
Date of Original Photo: 1983
Date Built: ca 1850
Image Type: Slide, 35 mm
Subject: Barns - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 1760 Bristol Road West, W pt. Lot 3 43R 18275 parts 2,4,7 &8, Conc 4 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1760 Bristol Road West. Conc w WHS, W pt. Lot 3 43R 18275 parts 2,4,7 & 8. The property was originally known as 79 Main Street. Richard Cuthbert acquired approximately twenty-five acres of land in Lot 3 between 1840 and 1857, and built a house and barn. Cuthbert was closely associated with the Catholic Church (the first Catholic mass was performed in his house) and donated the land opposite on which St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church was built. Ownership of the property was exchanged several times and the most recent owners were the Asquiths. The property is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act. The barn, however, was destroyed by fire in October 2005.
Agency: Mississauga Library System