Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3051 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Log House, Port Credit
  View Full size image
Title: Log House, Port Credit
Identifier: PH3245
Date of Original Photo: 1983
Date Built: ca 1830
Image Type: Slide, 35 mm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 21 Front Street South, pt. Lot 7 N 1/2, Conc 3 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 21 Front Street South. Conc 3 SDS, pt. Lot 7 N . Built ca 1830 and originally located in Orangeville, Ontario. The log house was dismantled and rebuilt as a Centennial project by the Port Credit Rovers on this site and used as a club house for the 4th Port Credit Scout Troop. In 2004, the Museums of Mississauga began a fundraising campaign to save the log house and move it to the Bradley Museum. The cabin was dismantled in Port Credit starting on March 9, 2007 and reconstruction on the grounds of the Bradley Museum began later that month. Specialized log cabin work was done by Log Farm Building and the project manager for other work was FRAM Building Group. The grand opening took place on December 15, 2007. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act and while at 21 Front Street South, part of the Old Port Credit Village Heritage District. This 1983 photo shows the building in Port Credit.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850