Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3225 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Marie Curtis Park, Lakeview, Aerial View
Identifier: R133
Date of Original Photo: 1972
Date Built: 1954
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Parks - Ontario - Etobicoke
Donor: Ralph Crysler

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A view of the Mississauga/Etobicoke shoreline showing Marie Curtis Park at the mouth of the Etobicoke Creek. The firm of Crysler & Lathem took a number of photographs of the Lake Ontario shoreline from Etobicoke Creek in the east to Joshua's Creek in the west, as part of the Mississauga Waterfront Study. Marie Curtis Park is situated on both sides of the Etobicoke Creek on Lake Ontario. It was created in 1954 after high flood waters due to Hurricane Hazel devastated a number of properties. Some of the public parkland was purchased by the former Village of Long Branch, Metropolitan Toronto, and the province of Ontario, and an additional gift of land from the Canadian Arsenals property was added. The park was named after Marie Curtis, a former Reeve of the Village of Long Branch, and a member of Metro Council.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850