Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4382 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Rattray Marsh, Clarkson, Aerial View
Identifier: R137
Date of Original Photo: 1972
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Marshes - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Ralph Crysler

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: In 1971 the firm of Crysler & Lathem, consulting engineers, was retained by the Credit Valley Conservation Authority to prepare a plan for the development of the Mississauga waterfront sector of the Metropolitan Toronto Planning Area. Rattray Marsh was one of the areas they covered. The marsh is a protected natural conservation area, accessible from Meadow Wood Road, north of Orr Road, or through Jack Darling Memorial Park. It was originally called Cranberry Marsh in Wilmot’s Survey. It was bought by Major Rattray in 1945. After his death in 1959 various groups fought to save the marsh as a conservation area.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851