Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1413 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Credit River, Port Credit
Identifier: R144
Date of Original Photo: R144
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Credit River (Ont.)
Donor: Ralph Crysler

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: This view of the mouth of the Credit River taken in 1976 shows the completed Lakefront Park, which was later renamed J. C. Saddington Park. Note the Texaco Refinery on the west side of the river. The firm of Crysler & Lathem was retained by the Town of Port Credit to prepare a master plan for the proposed Lakefront Park on 14 acres of landfill south of Lake Street on Lake Ontario at the mouth of the Credit River. Lakefront Park later became J. C. Saddington Park on June 20, 1979, named after a former Mayor of Port Credit and Peel County Warden.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851