Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2283 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Gulf Oil Refinery, Clarkson, Aerial View
  View Full size image
Title: Gulf Oil Refinery, Clarkson, Aerial View
Identifier: R154
Date of Original Photo: 1972
Date Built: 1943
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Petroleum refineries - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Ralph Crysler
Location: 385 Southdown Road, Plan 312, BLK A, All Plan 324, TORONTO Conc 4 SDS Lot 29 and pt Lot 28, TORONTO

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 385 Southdown road. Plan 312, BLK A, All Plan 324, TORONTO Conc 4 SDS Lot 29 and pt Lot 28, TORONTO Conc 3 SDS pt Lots 28-30, pt RD Allow bet Concs 3 and 4 SDS. Aerial view of the Gulf Oil Refinery at 385 Southdown Road. In 1971 the firm of Crysler & Lathem, consulting engineers, was retained by the Credit Valley Conservation Authority to prepare a plan for the development of the Mississauga waterfront sector of the Metropolitan Toronto Planning Area. The refinery was the first in the Lakeshore area west of Hurontario Street. As British American Oil Company it opened in 1943 in Clarkson. In 1969 the company became Gulf Oil, and eventually Petro-Canada. The refinery is listed on the Heritage Register. Description as of January 2011.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850