Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2284 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Gulf Oil Refinery and St. Lawrence Cement Company, Clarkson, Aerial Photo
Identifier: R155
Date of Original Photo: 1972
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Petroleum refineries - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Ralph Crysler

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Aerial photograph of the Gulf Oil Refinery and St. Lawrence Cement Company. In 1971 the firm of Crysler & Lathem, consulting engineers, was retained by the Credit Valley Conservation Authority to prepare a plan for the development of the Mississauga waterfront sector of the Metropolitan Toronto Planning Area. It included this aerial photo of the Clarkson shoreline, showing the Gulf Oil refinery and to the west of it the St. Lawrence Cement Company. Gulf Oil was the first refinery in the Lakeshore area west of Hurontario Street. As British American Oil Company it opened in 1943 in Clarkson. In 1969 the company became Gulf Oil, and eventually Petro-Canada. St. Lawrence Cement Company began operations in 1954 and expanded into Ontario with the addition of its plant in Clarkson (Mississauga) in 1956.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851