Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3694 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Mississauga Shoreline West of Rattray Marsh, Clarkson
Identifier: R157
Date of Original Photo: 1972
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Shorelines - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Ralph Crysler

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: In 1971 the firm of Crysler & Lathem, consulting engineers, was retained by the Credit Valley Conservation Authority to prepare a plan for the development of the Mississauga waterfront sector of the Metropolitan Toronto Planning Area. It included this view of the shoreline west of Rattray Marsh, part of the original Rattray Estates. It is a protected natural conservation area, accessible from Meadow Wood Road, north of Orr Road, or through Jack Darling Memorial Park. The marsh was originally called Cranberry Marsh in Wilmot’s Survey. It was bought by Major Rattray in 1945. After his death in 1959 various groups fought to save the marsh as a conservation area.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850