Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5066 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: St. Lawrence Cement Company Gypsum Pier, Clarkson
Identifier: R189
Date of Original Photo: 1972
Date Built: 1956
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Cement industries - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Ralph Crysler
Location: 2391 Lakeshore Road West

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Aerial view of the gypsum pier at St. Lawrence Cement Company. In 1971 the firm of Crysler & Lathem, consulting engineers, was retained by the Credit Valley Conservation Authority to prepare a plan for the development of the Mississauga waterfront sector of the Metropolitan Toronto Planning Area. It included this view of the St. Lawrence Cement Company at 2391 Lakeshore Road West. The Company began operations in 1954 and expanded into Ontario with the addition of its plant in Clarkson in 1956. Note the Gulf Oil refinery at far right.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850