Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3869 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: National Sewer Pipe Limited, Clarkson
Identifier: R197
Date of Original Photo: 1972
Date Built: 1955
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Pipe industry - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Ralph Crysler

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: An aerial view of National Sewer Pipe Limited next to the Gulf Oil Refinery in Clarkson. In 1971 the firm of Crysler & Lathem, consulting engineers, was retained by the Credit Valley Conservation Authority to prepare a plan for the development of the Mississauga waterfront sector of the Metropolitan Toronto Planning Area. National Sewer Pipe Limited, in the Clarkson area, was part of that study. National Sewer Pipe, a family business, was formerly the Hamilton and Toronto Sewer Pipe Company. The company opened a plant in Clarkson in 1955. According to the online edition of the Business Library, University of Western Ontario, "the Clarkson plant was built to accommodate every advance in pipe technology, manufacturing and installation." The historic house, the Anchorage, which had belonged to the Skynner family, had been located on property owned by National Sewer Pipe who used it as an office until it was bought by the City of Mississauga in 1978 and moved to its present location on Orr Road. National Sewer Pipe ceased operation in Clarkson in 1980.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850