Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5150 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
St. Peter's Anglican Church, Erindale
  View Full size image
Title: St. Peter's Anglican Church, Erindale
Identifier: MC0430
Date Built: 1887
Image Type: B&W Photo, 10x8 cm.
Subject: Church buildings - Ontario - Erindale (Mississauga)
Donor: Mississauga Historical Society
Location: 1745 Dundas Street West, Lot 3, Conc Range 1 CIR

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1745 Dundas Street West. Conc Range 1 CIR, NDS, pt. Lot 3. This is the second church on this site at 1745 Dundas Street West. The original church, built in 1826 and consecrated in 1828, was of white frame construction, 52 feet long and 52 feet wide. The parcel of land on which the church was built was purchased for ten shillings by Peter Adamson, Joseph Adamson, Alexander Proudfoot, William Thompson, Frederick Starr Jarvis and Henry Carpenter. The Rev. James Magrath, who had come from Ireland with his wife and family, was appointed the first Rector. In 1887 the first church was razed to make way for construction of the second church, of Credit Valley stone. In 1910 a tower and spire were added. Listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850