Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4060 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Parton House, Summerville
  View Full size image
Title: Parton House, Summerville
Identifier: MC0444
Date Built: 1964
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Summerville (Mississauga)
Donor: Mississauga Historical Society
Location: 2199 Dundas Street East

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Originally located at 2199 Dundas Street East. North side of Dundas Street East, mile west of Hwy 427. This was the house of Robert Parton, the Summerville blacksmith. The first blacksmith shop on this site was built by John Silverthorne in 1816. The second structure was built in 1867 for Isaac Wilcox, of dark grey Etobicoke Creek and field stone. The shop was owned by Robert Parton from 1907 to 1958. The shop was dismantled in 1979, but the whereabouts of the remains of the structure are unknown. This photo was taken in 1964. Ten years later the house was boarded up prior to demolition.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850