Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2374 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Harwood, Fireplace, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Harwood, Fireplace, Clarkson
Identifier: MC0470
Date Built: ca 1837
Image Type: B&W Photo, 8x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Donor: Mississauga Historical Society
Location: Lakeshore Road, west of Clarkson

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Lakeshore Road, Conc 3 and 4 SDS, Lot 34. Colonel William Thompson, son of Cornelius Thompson, built Harwood around 1837, on Lot 34, Conc 3 & 4, SDS, on the Lakeshore Road, just west of Clarkson, at the end of a long lane. The property became part of the St. Lawrence Cement Company. Harwood was a one-and-a-half storey Ontario cottage. It was later purchased by the Wasson family and renamed Acacia Farm. The house was demolished in 1986. This is one of two original fireplaces located in the living room. The old bricks had been covered up but the bake oven and mantel were intact.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851