Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2310 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Hammond-Gable House, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Hammond-Gable House, Clarkson
Identifier: MC0475
Date of Original Photo: 1966
Date Built: After 1817
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Donor: Mississauga Historical Society
Location: Winston Churchill Blvd., Lot 33, Conc 3 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Winston Churchill Blvd., just north of Hwy. 122. Conc 3 SDS, Lot 35. Not to be confused with the Hammond House in Erindale. Built some time after 1817 by Henry Gable, it is a basic Loyalist house, one-and-a-half storey with a centre hall plan. Henry Gable’s daughter, Lucinda, married David Hammond in 1838 and inherited the property on the death of her father. When the property was sold the house itself was moved off the lot north across the Town Line. The house was bought by Sheridan Nurseries and used by them to house their workers. It was demolished in 1970.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851