Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5334 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Streetsville Public Cemetery
Date of Original Photo: 2006
Date Built: 1890
Location: 1786 Bristol Road West

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Streetsville Public Cemetery was established when Streetsville Memorial Cemetery, 299 Queen Street South, had reached capacity. Like Memorial Cemetery, the grounds of Streetsville Public Cemetery were originally owned by Timothy Street. The Streetsville Cemetery Company Ltd. was formed as a result of a public meeting held the first week of February 1890, “for the purpose of arranging and securing another place for the burying of the dead of this village and vicinity” (Streetsville Review January 31, 1890). The goal was to have a burial ground for all religions within Streetsville.
Copyright: City of Mississauga
Agency: Planning & Heritage
pcomapp01:8851